The University of Tennessee Extension provides nutrition and food safety education to individuals and families in Tennessee. Education is provided by faculty in county Extension offices throughout the state.
This web site was developed as a source of reliable nutrition and food safety information. It also provides description of education programs conducted in Tennessee and partnerships with other agencies and organizations.
Because UT Extension is in the business of education, no commercial dietary products, such as supplements, are endorsed or sold. Information is unbiased and based on the best available research and practices.
If you need information about a diet for a medical condition, consult a Registered Dietitian or your health-care provider.
Expanded Food and Nutrition Education Program
For more information about the UT Extension Nutrition & Food Safety programs, please contact your local County Extension FCS Agent .
- Center for Nutrition Policy & Promotion
- Dietary Guidelines for Americans 2005
- Food & Nutrition Information Center
- Kids Nutrition Web Links
- US Department of Agriculture - Nutrient Data Laboratory
Food Safety Sites
- Centers for Disease Control & Prevention - Food Safety Office
- Fight BAC!
- Food Safety Gateway
- US Department of Agriculture - Food Safety & Inspection Service
- US Environmental Protection Agency
- US Food & Drug Administration
Food Preservation Sites
Family & Consumer Sciences
Nutrition & Food Safety Specialists
Janie L. Burney, Ph.D., R.D.
Associate Professor & Extension Nutrition Specialist
Betty P. Greer, Ph.D., R.D.
Professor & Extension Nutrition Specialist